FlyerTalk Forums - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread (2024)

Page 117 of 234

« First

<

17
67
107

111

112

113

114

115

116

117

118

119

120

121

122

123

127
167
217

>

Last »

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page


FlyerTalk Forums(https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)

- Delta Air Lines | SkyMiles(https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles-665/)

- - “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread(https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta-air-lines-skymiles/1191911-ishenan-definitive-ishenanigansn-thread.html)


davetravelsNov 5, 2014 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer(Post 23799226)

Don't you?...and most others here? :confused: :eek: In all fairness, don't mean to signal you out, heck there are FT "Authorities" (Talk Board, Evangelists) who ask airline employees to break these rules & post here about such things. But then when people do, the community disputes what is said. Baffling. :cool:

My point is, that, in more than 1700 posts, I can't remember a single instance like this one. There always seems to be some type of plausible explanation - whether we like it or not - or it's Shena. This one has us stumped. One or 2 people can slip thru the cracks of the UG system, but, 6?!? :confused: Even that's a lot for a Shena situation.

Again, surely, there has to be a way that someone who knows what happened here can message someone else, who can post at least an inkling of a hint of something logical, without an employee getting in trouble. None of us wants that!

And I do know that the average employee with DLnet can't look it up anymore, since it's after the next calendar day.


apollomsNov 5, 2014 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer(Post 23799226)

Don't you?...and most others here? :confused: :eek: In all fairness, don't mean to signal you out, heck there are FT "Authorities" (Talk Board, Evangelists) who ask airline employees to break these rules & post here about such things. But then when people do, the community disputes what is said. Baffling. :cool:

FWIW the airport cleared lists disappear after the next day on TravelNet. If apolloms has access to deeper company data and wants to continue the debate over that particular flight...Godspeed...hope you enjoy(ed) your 2 months on the job. Tread lightly here. ;)

Originally Posted by davetravels(Post 23799306)

My point is, that, in more than 1700 posts, I can't remember a single instance like this one. There always seems to be some type of plausible explanation - whether we like it or not - or it's Shena. This one has us stumped. One or 2 people can slip thru the cracks of the UG system, but, 6?!? :confused: Even that's a lot for a Shena situation.

Again, surely, there has to be a way that someone who knows what happened here can message someone else, who can post at least an inkling of a hint of something logical, without an employee getting in trouble. None of us wants that!

And I do know that the average employee with DLnet can't look it up anymore, since it's after the next calendar day.

when i looked it up i posted all i knew...and that was that they were revenue passengers upgraded and not non-revs, so it wasn't employee non-rev shena....that's all the digging i did into it and like posted above, all that stuff gets cleared out of the system 2 days after.....i liked the fact that i could now potentially help other FTers out...but as soon as i posted something, people start calling me out and saying i'm making up the info because it doesn't match what they 'think' happened....so very hesitant to do the same in the future.


PRWeezerNov 5, 2014 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms(Post 23799349)

when i looked it up i posted all i knew...and that was that they were revenue passengers upgraded and not non-revs, so it wasn't employee non-rev shena....that's all the digging i did into it and like posted above, all that stuff gets cleared out of the system 2 days after.....i liked the fact that i could now potentially help other FTers out...but as soon as i posted something, people start calling me out and saying i'm making up the info because it doesn't match what they 'think' happened....so very hesitant to do the same in the future.

Well then there's this from your employer, study up on social media policy:
https://connect.delta.com/my.logon.php3?check=1
CONTENT
You must not copy, reproduce or forward any content from DeltaNet outside of Delta Air Lines, including posting on any personal or public Web pages, blogs, or social media sites, including, but not limited to Flyertalk, Facebook, or Twitter.


apollomsNov 5, 2014 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer(Post 23799380)

Well then there's this from your employer, study up on social media policy:
https://connect.delta.com/my.logon.php3?check=1
CONTENT
You must not copy, reproduce or forward any content from DeltaNet outside of Delta Air Lines, including posting on any personal or public Web pages, blogs, or social media sites, including, but not limited to Flyertalk, Facebook, or Twitter.

please tell me where i did that? I'd hardly say saying "no non revs were put in FC" is doing any of that.


PRWeezerNov 5, 2014 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms(Post 23799390)

please tell me where i did that? I'd hardly say saying "no non revs were put in FC" is doing any of that.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post23776263

Originally Posted by apolloms(Post 23776263)

i took a look at this list....this statement is correct.


apollomsNov 5, 2014 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by PRWeezer(Post 23799412)

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/delta...l#post23776263

so pretty much exactly what i said in the last post.......but noted, in the future no more responses in shena thread


davetravelsNov 5, 2014 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by apolloms(Post 23799349)

i liked the fact that i could now potentially help other FTers out...but as soon as i posted something, people start calling me out and saying i'm making up the info because it doesn't match what they 'think' happened....so very hesitant to do the same in the future.

I can only speak for myself, but, I am certainly NOT one of those who would say you're lying to cover up and "take care of your own". Certainly FT posters DO appreciate the tiny crumbs of real truth in information that we find on here, since the Company isn't interested in chatting with us. Thanx again, and I certainly DO NOT wish any repercussions on you for this.

My point is simply that - You say that 6 revenue pax were UG'ed. Where were they a few minutes earlier? They should have been on the list. Surely, as a new employee, you wouldn't know this, but can a non-rev pax be coded somehow to appear as an UG on a paid ticket?

Could the pax have been on paid tickets been lower on the list, and pushed ahead of the higher names and the OP - out of order - perhaps employees all on paid tickets for some unknown reason?

I don't know. I'm just an adamant ShenaBuster, as, coming from the former NW side of the merger, the GAs took this VERY seriously, and knew the consequences if they didn't follow UG procedure to the letter! The former DL side GAs, in many cases, just seem to come from a "culture" that they can do more or less whatever they want - AND the company really doesn't give a hoot. So - we FlyerTalkers have to "Look out for, and take care of OUR OWN"!!

Thanx for listening! :)


BicostalNov 6, 2014 7:22 am

Originally Posted by davetravels(Post 23799534)

My point is simply that - You say that 6 revenue pax were UG'ed. Where were they a few minutes earlier? They should have been on the list.

And that is the crux of the story - and the insider info suggests that they were coded as revenue customers - keystroke-shena happened?

As FFs we have some responsibility to call out shena at the time it happens - not to complain about it here or worse, look for an answer from Delta's employees. Not having insiders post half-fact snippets discounting that shena happened will be welcomed by some.

However, reported results of shena encounters in the wild by us lowly travelers are always an interesting read - so keep 'em coming.


clr4t8koffNov 6, 2014 10:27 am

Originally Posted by Bicostal(Post 23800939)

And that is the crux of the story - and the insider info suggests that they were coded as revenue customers - keystroke-shena happened?

As FFs we have some responsibility to call out shena at the time it happens - not to complain about it here or worse, look for an answer from Delta's employees. Not having insiders post half-fact snippets discounting that shena happened will be welcomed by some.

However, reported results of shena encounters in the wild by us lowly travelers are always an interesting read - so keep 'em coming.

I'll second that ^. (though never fun when you're the victim on the receiving end).


davetravelsNov 6, 2014 11:12 am

My recent posts above sparked a few PMs. One from an employee, and one from, I believe, a spouse of an employee who I have met. All claim that what they saw in this case appeared to be legit paid pax UGs, but nobody looked into it deep enough to know if, perhaps, some people from lower on the list were somehow pushed to the top out of order, or any other anomaly. One actually told me that since they changed the UG codes, they aren't able to see the actual pecking order any more, just whether or not it's a paid pax or a non-rev.

My only possible thought as I re-read the OP was, that, POSSIBLY, if boarding had already started, some people fell off the viewable list on the GIDS, but were still on on the original list in the GAs computer. I dunno.

Unfortunately, I think we'll never get any deeper into this one, since any info after the next day is gone from view without some higher-up supv access.

ALSO, I want to plainly state - and I believe I speak for everyone here - that, we DO NOT want to get any employee in trouble for trying to help us in these situations! They bend over backwards to help us, and then we chastise them with their results. Let's try to be friendlier to these people who are helping us with info that technically shouldn't provided to us. If not, they will simply crawl back into a hole and not post.

Thanx for listening!

:)


Ben and JerryNov 6, 2014 12:02 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels(Post 23801941)

we DO NOT want to get any employee in trouble for trying to help us in these situations! They bend over backwards to help us, and then we chastise them with their results. Let's try to be friendlier to these people who are helping us with info that technically shouldn't provided to us. If not, they will simply crawl back into a hole and not post.

Thanx for listening!

:)

Big fat +1 ^


GRALISTAIRNov 6, 2014 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by Ben and Jerry(Post 23802238)

Big fat +1 ^

+2 ^ :)


DCATravelerNov 7, 2014 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by davetravels(Post 23801941)

My only possible thought as I re-read the OP was, that, POSSIBLY, if boarding had already started, some people fell off the viewable list on the GIDS, but were still on on the original list in the GAs computer. I dunno.

Nope... Gate agent started adding people to the cleared list at T-1 hours before departure and boarding had not started yet. It's been a week and I was over it not long after I landed, plus it was only a 3.5 hour, red-eye flight. NBD, but thought I'd bring up it up to the group.

ALSO, I want to plainly state - and I believe I speak for everyone here - that, we DO NOT want to get any employee in trouble for trying to help us in these situations! They bend over backwards to help us, and then we chastise them with their results. Let's try to be friendlier to these people who are helping us with info that technically shouldn't provided to us. If not, they will simply crawl back into a hole and not post. :)

+1 here... I really appreciate the 'insider' information one way or the other, but don't want to get anyone fired for trying to help us out. To those that helped track this down, thanks!


NotHamSarnieNov 7, 2014 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by DCATraveler(Post 23808326)

Nope... Gate agent started adding people to the cleared list at T-1 hours before departure and boarding had not started yet. It's been a week and I was over it not long after I landed, plus it was only a 3.5 hour, red-eye flight. NBD, but thought I'd bring up it up to the group.

Aha! I think I got it then: these are people with RUCs or GUCs that were incorrectly coded and complained and got bumped up. It actually makes sense.


DCATravelerNov 7, 2014 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by NotHamSarnie(Post 23808364)

Aha! I think I got it then: these are people with RUCs or GUCs that were incorrectly coded and complained and got bumped up. It actually makes sense.

Very possible. It could definitely happen. It doesn't sounds like the insiders can see whether certs were used or not, but something to think about.

My only question would be... 6 different people using a certificate that were coded incorrectly? Seems a bit odd, but then again I've talked to quite a few agents who couldn't do it right... you may be on to something.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 2:56 pm.

Page 117 of 234

« First

<

17
67
107

111

112

113

114

115

116

117

118

119

120

121

122

123

127
167
217

>

Last »

Show 40 post(s) from this thread on one page


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

FlyerTalk Forums -  “Shena”: The Definitive “Shenanigans” Thread (2024)

References

Top Articles
Latest Posts
Article information

Author: Patricia Veum II

Last Updated:

Views: 6143

Rating: 4.3 / 5 (64 voted)

Reviews: 87% of readers found this page helpful

Author information

Name: Patricia Veum II

Birthday: 1994-12-16

Address: 2064 Little Summit, Goldieton, MS 97651-0862

Phone: +6873952696715

Job: Principal Officer

Hobby: Rafting, Cabaret, Candle making, Jigsaw puzzles, Inline skating, Magic, Graffiti

Introduction: My name is Patricia Veum II, I am a vast, combative, smiling, famous, inexpensive, zealous, sparkling person who loves writing and wants to share my knowledge and understanding with you.